- a week trip presenting geology of the NW Highlands of Scotland, including Skye.
- we look at the the igneous and metamorphic (meta-sediments) rocks associated with both the Caledonia orogeny (mountain building event) and opening of the Atlantic.
- sedimentary sequences of economic and scientific significance.
- no previous geological experience is necessary.
- we stay in B&B’s or hotels along the route, moving locations most days.
- cultural, historical and other activities can be added/substituted if requested. Feel free to contact us to customise your trip.