Starts in 25 Days, 3 Hours
2019-05-18 to 2019-05-26
- just over a week long trip presenting some of the geology of the NW Highlands of Scotland, including Skye.
- we look at the the igneous and metamorphic rocks associated with both the Caledonia orogeny (mountain building event) and opening of the Atlantic.
- We visit various sedimentary sequences of economic significance.
- no previous geological experience is necessary.
- we stay in B&B’s or hotels along the route, moving locations most days.
- cultural, historical and other activities can be added/substituted if requested. Feel free to contact us to customise your trip.