Starts in 4 Months, 17 Days
2019-09-09 to 2019-09-19
- just over a week long trip presenting some of the geology of the NW Highlands of Scotland, including Skye.
- we look at the the igneous and metamorphic rocks associated with both the Caledonia orogeny (mountain building event) and openning of the Atlantic. We also visit various sedimentary and meta-sedimentary sequences of economic significance.
- no previous geological experience is necessary.
- we stay in B&B’s or hotels along the route, moving locations most days.
- cultural, historical and other activities can be added/substituted if requested. Feel free to contact us to customise your trip.